Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Pups are keeping me very busy.....

With Rosie gone home and the pups being at an age where they need a lot of attention and care, things are very busy around here!  They are becoming quite strong and coordinated, so I've had to take down the low wooden barrier on the door and a closed the wire door.  I had a few escapees....

Their favourite play toys are socks.  They get some pretty good tug of war battles going.  I give them my sons' rugby socks, which are very long, and four of them can get in on the fun.  Earlier tonight they had a battle going with Cassonade.  It was her against 4 of the pups.

I transport them from the basement to the backyard or living room in a laundry basket.  I call it the puppy bus.  As soon as they see the puppy bus they are all scrambling to get on.   They ride standing on their hind legs with their front paws over the edge so they can see.   They seem to know not to try and climb out.  But as soon as I put the 'bus' on the ground, they climb out as fast as they can.

They are virtually impossible to photograph because they never stop moving - except to sleep.

They are eating well.  I haven't weighed them recently - again very hard to do because they don't sit still on the scale.  But they are going to the Vet on Saturday for a thorough check and their first set of vaccines, so I will get weights on everyone then.  I cut their nails the other day and all sat still on my lap for that.  So that is good!

Only 10 more sleeps for many of you! :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment